+1300 477 433

Frequently Asked Questions


Do I have to be Catholic to access your Services?

CatholicCare is committed to helping people change their lives – no matter their faith, ethnicity, gender or age to change!

What are the fees involved?

Only some of our programs charge a small service fee. These costs are based upon your yearly income and ability to pay a fee.No Client will be refused a service on the basis of their incapacity to pay fees.

CatholicCare will provide a written statement regarding the fee to be charged for any service. All clients will be informed of the fees applicable to them at the time of assessment or commencement of the service.

If you have any concerns regarding CatholicCare fees please call 1300 477 433 for more information.

Do I need to live in toowoomba to access your services?

We offer a range of services across the South West, so it depends on the service you are seeking. A full list of offices can be found on the Contact Us page. Each office provides different support services according to the needs of the local area. If you would like more information on where you can find the services and support that you personally require then please follow the ‘Get in Touch’ link at the bottom of the page or alternatively phone 1300 477 433.

Will CatholicCare provide child supervison while I am in a session?

CatholicCare’s waiting area is not a safe area for unsupervised children and therefore, in accordance with CatholicCare’s policy to protect vulnerable children, we do not allow children to sit in our waiting area without an adult carer.

Family Dispute Resolution (FDR)

What is Family Dispute Resolution (FDR)?

Family Dispute Resolution (FDR), also known as mediation, helps parents who are separating/separated to resolve disputes that may include conflicts over child care, child support and property settlement. We can help both parents to create a workable Parenting Plan with a focus on safety and the best interests of children at its core. A fully qualified Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (registered through the Attorney General’s Department) will work with you to concentrate on the needs of your children and minimise their parental separation trauma. The process includes an Intake Session, an information session and a joint FDR session where the Parenting Plan is formulated. The Parenting Plan can then be taken to the Family Law Court and converted to a Consent Order.

What is the difference between FDR & Mediation?

Mediation is a service provided by qualified and neutral mediators to help resolve disputes over a wide range of topics. Family Dispute Resolution is a form of Mediation and is explained more thoroughly under the question ‘What is Family Dispute Resolution?’.

Am I able to see a Dispute Resolution Practitioner in regards to property settlement?

The Family Relationship Centre currently has a limited capacity to offer Property Family Dispute Resolution and can only provide this service on a case-by-case basis. If you would like to enquire about this service then please follow the ‘Get in Touch’ link at the bottom of the page or alternatively phone 1300 348 248.


What is Counselling?

CatholicCare’s counselling service can assist you to make decisions about your relationships and issues of concern to you. We know that at times relationships can be hard work and need some support. This is especially so during pressure points of our lives, where adjustments are needed: in new relationships, the move to parenthood, dealing with career changes or living locations, separation or retirement. Our highly qualified counselling staff can enable you to build positive relationship habits, manage conflict and strengthen relationship aspirations. They will welcome you, respect your culture and beliefs and supportively work with diverse relationship and family arrangements.

Can my child/ren see a counsellor?

Children over the age of five years can be seen by one of CatholicCare’s qualified counsellors. If you have any queries in relation to this age bracket then please follow the ‘Get in Touch’ link at the bottom of the page or alternatively phone 1300 477 433.

Can my child/ren attend my counselling session?

Due to the nature of the counselling process, it would be inappropriate for children over the age of 12 months to be present during a session unless they are the subject or focus of the session, and are at the invitation of the practitioner.

Can I choose to see a male or female counsellor

Yes, depending on practitioner and appointment availability at the time of your request.

Can I cancel or reschedule an appointment?

We understand that life can throw up unexpected circumstances. When this happens, it is important to get in contact with CatholicCare as soon as possible and we can reschedule your appointment without hesitation.

Should you need to cancel an appointment, if possible please allow at least 24 hours’ notice so that we are enabled an opportunity to fill that timeslot. Please remember there are people waiting for appointments and, if you are cancelling or rescheduling, the earlier you let us know we may be able to let someone, who is waiting, fill that space.

To cancel or reschedule an appointment please CatholicCare on 1300 477 433 as soon as possible.

Other Concerns

Do I Need a referral or Mental Health care Plan from my GP to access your Service?

You do not need a referral or Mental Health Care Plan to access CatholicCare’s services. For more information please follow the ‘Get in Touch’ link at the bottom of the page or alternatively phone 1300 477 433.

Like to know more?

To find out more please call 1300 477 433
or email us by clicking on the button below.


502 Ruthven Street, Toowoomba, QLD, 4350
Phone: 1300 477 433